Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Quick Picture Fix

I have had this big picture for 6 years now.  I purchased it at Kirklands on clearance for 9.99....the reason that is was so cheap was that the glass had broke, but I thought it looked great without the glass so I got it and it has been a great piece in my house ever since.  I knew this picture was the perfect size to go on our new mantel, but once again was not the style I wanted to continue with. 
                    
Here is the Before:



I found this fabric at JoAnn -{oh how I love that store}-  I knew this was my inspiration piece for the style I wanted my living room to be.


So, I took the "picture paper" off the back of the picture and found that only staples held the cardboard photo in place.  I removed the staples, popped out the cardboard picture and laid the image face down on the fabric (which I did iron before).  Guess you know where I am going with this now, uh??


I cut the fabric to where there was about an inch left on all sides to fold over.  That actually gave me a good bit of extra fabric for another project. I simply stapled the fabric to the picture


Be sure to pull he fabric tightly while you are stapling to get a tight coverage.  Once the fabric was all stapled my photo now looked like this.....I was already in love.


The next step was simple....I just placed the picture board back into the frame and re-stapled it to the frame.



This was a VERY simple and cheap project.  The fabric cost me 1.99 per yard and I only bought 1 1/2 yards....so for less than $3.00 dollars I got a new picture that looked like this


I was excited to get it on the mantel with my other things.  Hope you liked this project.  This would be a great idea to use with seasonal fabrics for an easy and cheap decoration.








3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this. I think I may even lighten up the frame since it is up against that wood grain. What do you think? or does it look fine in the room as is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had orginally thought I would lighten it up with some light blue or beige color paint, but for now have decided not too....it actually looks pretty good in person. I have added a couple other things on the mantel too for a splash of color....will get that on the blog soon!

    ReplyDelete