Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Spray Paint can fix anything!

As I have started changing over my decor-style....I have found that a little spray paint goes a long way!  I have heard & read about the wonderful transformations a $3.00 can of color can do....but have never really went as far as to "use it"  Well, now I must own at least half of the Krylon company by now!

So...needed a little something in our new guest room.  My brother had this black iron sofa table in his basement/storage room that had not been used for 5 years.  It was dusty and a little rusty.....but hey there is a little inspiration in everything! 


I knew the color I wanted it to be and guess what...Krylon of course had it!  I went with the hosta leaf green


Next Step is Simple.... Point and Spray and you get this after 2 quick coats


I let it dry for a bit and then brought it inside to it's new home



Added a birdcage that I found at Goodwill for 3.00 bucks which I toned down the white color with some brown glaze (well, actually  brown craft paint diluted with water) wanted to sound fancy for a second.  An old window pane from a church I attended in NC....the old sanctuary was torn down and I grabbed a couple of these for decor and sentimental reasons,and a wooden bowl that was my great grandmothers which is priceless.  Simple, easy and cheap....now the guests can come!

1 comment:

  1. I Absolutely LOVE this project! The birdcage and window are Perfect for this!!! who knew spray paint would be SO much fun!!

    ReplyDelete