Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sweet and Simple

I love this little sweet and simple project I tackled last week that took me no time to make!

I needed a little something else on my mantel, I new the size and color it needed to be....so my brain starting turning! 

Here are the supplies I used:

Wood....provided by the massive wind storm we had a week or so ago.....so yep, FREE


My new best friend.....meet Krylon--in Blue Ocean Breeze


The Hubby's hammer and a few nails

Now, you must be thinking what my plan was uh?? 


I began by turning my piece of wood over and nailing the nails to the underneath where the points would stick out the top.





I nailed a total of 4 nails into the wood

After the nails were secure, I spray painted the entire wood piece, including the nails.  I let the paint dry about 10 minutes, applied another coat and then waited another 10 minutes.....the piece was then completely dry and ready for project completion!


I then added 4 white candles that I already had



Took the piece inside to the mantel, it's new home!  Just a sweet and simple little project that adds a lot of character and cuteness to my house.  Hope you enjoyed!













1 comment:

  1. My friend, you are such a positive influence on me and I love being creative and brainstorming with you. I am awarding you the Sunshine award. Please find the details and collect your award at begintocraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete